I installed AutoTweet NG on my server, and I want to set up a cron job to trigger AutoTweet NG's cron job script. What should I do to set up the cron job?
As recommended by AutoTweet NG officially at here, you may use EasyCron to trigger cron job script in AutoTweet NG.
Our webcron service is best for triggering AutoTweet NG's cron job script. Just follow below simple steps to configure cron job for your AutoTweet NG:
- Open your cron job dashboard, click on " Cron Job" button.
- Enable Cron mode and set Secret word:
Enable Cron mode and set Secret word
- In field "URL to call", enter http://www.example.com/index.php?option=com_autotweet&view=cron&task=run&key=xxxxxx (replace www.example.com with your install location and replace Key with your Secret word). Choose an appropriate cron job execution frequancy (for AutoTweet NG, we recommend to have the cron job run "every 5 minutes"). Checkout below screenshot:
Set up cron job for AutoTweet NG
- If necessary, finish the other optional settings.
- Click "Create Cron Job" button. You're done! EasyCron will trigger your AutoTweet NG's cron job script dutifully according to your time setting.
- If you haven't registered your EasyCron account yet, click on the "add a password" link on the top to add an email and password to your account.