I installed EasyBlog on my server, and I want to set up a cron job to trigger EasyBlog's cron job script. What should I do to set up the cron job?
As recommended by Stack Ideas officially at here, you may use EasyCron to trigger cron job script in EasyBlog.
Our webcron service is best for triggering EasyBlog's cron job script. Just follow below simple steps to configure cron job for your EasyBlog:
- Open your cron job dashboard, click on " Cron Job" button.
- Make some settings at your script:
Settings in your script
- In field "URL to call", fill the "URL to call" field. e.g. http://www.example.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&task=cron (replace www.example.com with your install location). Choose an appropriate cron job execution frequency. Checkout below screenshot:
Set up cron job for EasyBlog
- If necessary, finish the other optional settings.
- Click "Create Cron Job" button. You're done! EasyCron will trigger your EasyBlog's cron job script dutifully according to your time setting.
- If you haven't registered your EasyCron account yet, click on the "add a password" link on the top to add an email and password to your account.