I installed JomSocial on my server, and I want to set up a cron job to trigger JomSocial's cron job script. What should I do to set up the cron job?
As recommended by JomSocial officially at here, you may use EasyCron to trigger cron job script in JomSocial.
Our webcron service is best for triggering JomSocial's cron job script. Just follow below simple steps to configure cron job for your JomSocial:
- Open your cron job dashboard, click on " Cron Job" button.
- In field "URL to call", enter http://www.example.com/index.php?option=com_community&task=cron (replace www.example.com with your install location). Choose an appropriate cron job execution frequency (for JomSocial, we recommend to have the cron job run "every 30 minutes"). Checkout below screenshot:
Set up cron job for JomSocial
- If necessary, finish the other optional settings.
- Click "Create Cron Job" button. You're done! EasyCron will trigger your JomSocial's cron job script dutifully according to your time setting.
- If you haven't registered your EasyCron account yet, click on the "add a password" link on the top to add an email and password to your account.