I installed Moodle on my server, and I want to set up a cron job to trigger Moodle's cron job script. What should I do to set up the cron job?
Our webcron service is best for triggering Moodle's cron job script. Just follow below simple steps to configure cron job for your Moodle:
- Open your cron job dashboard, click on " Cron Job" button.
- In field "URL to call", enter http://www.example.com/admin/cron.php?password=xxxxxx (replace www.example.com with your install location and replace password with your password). Choose an appropriate cron job execution frequency (for Moodle, we recommend to have the cron job run "every 15 minutes"). Checkout below screenshot:
Set up cron job for Moodle
- If necessary, finish the other optional settings.
- Click "Create Cron Job" button. You're done! EasyCron will trigger your Moodle's cron job script dutifully according to your time setting.
- If you haven't registered your EasyCron account yet, click on the "add a password" link on the top to add an email and password to your account.
- Important note for users of Moodle version >=2.9: Please check the "The web based Moodle cron command" section of Moodle document to set up the cron job link.