I installed NextScripts: SNAP on my server, and I want to set up a cron job to trigger NextScripts: SNAP's cron job script. What should I do to set up the cron job?
As recommended by NextScripts: SNAP officially at here, you may use EasyCron to trigger cron job script in NextScripts: SNAP.
Our webcron service is best for triggering NextScripts: SNAP's cron job script. Just follow below simple steps to configure cron job for your NextScripts: SNAP:
- Before using EasyCron, please add define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true); to your wp-config.php file to disable the WP Cron System.
- Open your cron job dashboard, click on " Cron Job" button.
- Set up "How to make auto-posts" at:
Set up WP cron
- In field "URL to call", enter http://www.example.com/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron (replace www.example.com with your install location). Choose an appropriate cron job execution frequency (for NextScripts: SNAP, we recommend to have the cron job run "every 5 minutes"). Checkout below screenshot:
Set up cron job for NextScripts: SNAP
- If necessary, finish the other optional settings.
- Click "Create Cron Job" button. You're done! EasyCron will trigger your NextScripts: SNAP's cron job script dutifully according to your time setting.
- If you haven't registered your EasyCron account yet, click on the "add a password" link on the top to add an email and password to your account.