I installed Postie on my server, and I want to set up a cron job to trigger Postie's cron job script. What should I do to set up the cron job?
As recommended by Postie officially at here, you may use EasyCron to trigger cron job script in WordPress Postie.
Our webcron service is best for triggering Postie's cron job script. Just follow below simple steps to configure cron job for your Postie:
- Before using EasyCron, please add define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true); to your wp-config.php file to disable the WP Cron System.
- Open your cron job dashboard, click on " Cron Job" button.
- In field "URL to call", enter http://wwww.example.com/wp-cron.php (replace wwww.example.com with your install location). Choose an appropriate cron job execution frequancy (for Postie, we recommend to have the cron job run "every 5 minutes"). Checkout below screenshot:
Set up cron job for Postie
- If necessary, finish the other optional settings.
- Click "Create Cron Job" button. You're done! EasyCron will trigger your Postie's cron job script dutifully according to your time setting.
- If you haven't registered your EasyCron account yet, click on the "add a password" link on the top to add an email and password to your account.