I installed WordPress Subscribe2 on my server, and I want to set up a cron job to trigger Subscribe2's cron job script. What should I do to set up the cron job?
As recommended by Subscribe2 officially at here, you may use EasyCron to trigger cron job script in Subscribe2.
Our webcron service is best for triggering Subscribe2's cron job script. Just follow below simple steps to configure cron job for your Subscribe2:
- Before using EasyCron, please add define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true); to your wp-config.php file to disable the WP Cron System.
- Open your cron job dashboard, click on " Cron Job" button.
- In field "URL to call", fill the "URL to call" field. e.g. http://www.example.com/wp-cron.php (replace www.example.com with your install location). Choose an appropriate cron job execution frequency. Checkout below screenshot:
Set up cron job for Subscribe2
- If necessary, finish the other optional settings.
- Click "Create Cron Job" button. You're done! EasyCron will trigger your Subscribe2's cron job script dutifully according to your time setting.
- If you haven't registered your EasyCron account yet, click on the "add a password" link on the top to add an email and password to your account.