How to set up cron job for UpdraftPlus? What cron job setting shall I use?
I installed UpdraftPlus on my server, and I want to set up a cron job to trigger UpdraftPlus' cron job script. What should I do to set up the cron job?
As recommended by UpdraftPlus officially at here, you may use EasyCron to trigger cron job script in UpdraftPlus.
Our webcron service is best for triggering UpdraftPlus' cron job script. Just follow below simple steps to configure cron job for your UpdraftPlus:
- Before using EasyCron, please add define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true); to your wp-config.php file to disable the WP Cron System.
- Open your , click on "Create New Cron Job" button.
- In field "URL to call", enter http://www.example.com/wp-cron.php (replace wwww.example.com with your install location).Choose an appropriate cron job execution frequancy (for UpdraftPlus, we recommend to have the cron job run "every day"). Checkout below screenshot:
Set up cron job for UpdraftPlus
- If necessary, finish the other optional settings.
- Click "Create Cron Job" button. You're done! EasyCron will trigger your UpdraftPlus' cron job script dutifully according to your time setting.
- If you haven't registered your EasyCron account yet, click on the "add a password" link on the top to add an email and password to your account.