I installed WordPress Backup to Dropbox on my server, and I want to set up a cron job to trigger WordPress Backup to Dropbox's cron job script. What should I do to set up the cron job?
Our webcron service is best for triggering WordPress Backup to Dropbox's cron job script. Just follow below simple steps to configure cron job for your WordPress Backup to Dropbox:
- Before using EasyCron, please add define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true); to your wp-config.php file to disable the WP Cron System.
- Open your cron job dashboard, click on " Cron Job" button.
- Set backup frequency at:
- In field "URL to call", enter http://www.example.com/wp-cron.php (replace wwww.example.com with your install location). Choose an appropriate cron job execution frequency (for WordPress Backup to Dropbox, we recommend to have the cron job run "every day"). Checkout below screenshot:
Set up cron job for WordPress Backup to Dropbox
- If necessary, finish the other optional settings.
- Click "Create Cron Job" button. You're done! EasyCron will trigger your WordPress Backup to Dropbox's cron job script dutifully according to your time setting.
- If you haven't registered your EasyCron account yet, click on the "add a password" link on the top to add an email and password to your account.