I installed WP RSS Aggregator on my server, and I want to set up a cron job to trigger WP RSS Aggregator's cron job script. What should I do to set up the cron job?
As recommended by WP RSS Aggregator officially at here, you may use EasyCron to trigger cron job script in WP RSS Aggregator.
Our webcron service is best for triggering WP RSS Aggregator's cron job script. Just follow below simple steps to configure cron job for your WP RSS Aggregator:
- Before using EasyCron, please add define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true); to your wp-config.php file to disable the WP Cron System.
- Open your cron job dashboard, click on " Cron Job" button.
- In field "URL to call", enter http://www.example.com/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron (replace www.example.com with your install location). Choose an appropriate cron job execution frequancy (for WP RSS Aggregator, we recommend to have the cron job run "each 15 minutes"). Checkout below screenshot:
Set up cron job for WP RSS Aggregator
- If necessary, finish the other optional settings.
- Click "Create Cron Job" button. You're done! EasyCron will trigger your WP RSS Aggregator's cron job script dutifully according to your time setting.
- If you haven't registered your EasyCron account yet, click on the "add a password" link on the top to add an email and password to your account.